Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Please play with EVERYTHING!

  • After spending most of the trip thus far doing fun grown-up things like shopping, Mom and I decided to take the kids over to Florence, AL, for some fun at the Children of the Shoals Hands-On Museum. It was a GREAT amount of fun!

  • We started in the music room. There were tons of things to do in there, but the big attraction for Tucker was the HUGE kettle drum...more specifically, he enjoyed hitting everything...and everyone, with the oversized drumsticks.
  • Remember the movie "Big"?
  • In the construction area, Ashlynn and Mom got busy with the hammer and nails, while Tucker "plumbed" his little heart out with the PVC pipes.
  • Tucker and I enjoyed playing with the puppets. Okay, I guess I enjoyed it even more than Tucker. :)



  • Upstairs there was even more fun to be had, beginning with the dress-up and dance area. Well, the dance area really was dubbed that due to Tucker's sudden inexplicable need to break out in the "Tractor Dance," despite the absence of all things "tractor."

  • After admiring Ashlynn in her "hippie gear" (isn't she beautiful?), we had some fun with the woodland puppets (still upstairs).

  • Speaking of beautiful...I can't believe this is my daughter!! When did she grow up??!

  • Here's a little segment I like to call "Pimp My Child," LOL.


  • The Colonial Room was next. As you can see, Ashlynn enjoyed tricking Tucker into thinking she was from the past.
  • Then she felt he should get into the spirit of things. I only wish we could have known his thoughts on the matter...

  • Here is Mom and Tucker in a quiet moment enjoying some art. I wonder if Tucker thinks that cat in the picture is J.W. back at the cabin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers