Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday at Wheeler Park

  • Don't 'cha hate it when you spend the night in a new place and all the usual sounds and comforts of home aren't present? You know the feeling...every tiny "crack," "creak," and "bump" makes you jolt away and think, "Did we lock the doors? I wonder what that noise was? I hope Tucker's okay. Maybe that was just Ashlynn making a run to the bathroom?"I promise you, that first night we were in the cabins I slept MAYBE two hours. And I wasn't alone - it was the WORST sleep in the history of sleep - can you tell?
  • Combine that with the crib of death...that's what I called it. It looked as though it was created in the early 30's or something...all metal...all squeaky...all the time. Ugh. Definately had to find an alternative.

  • Plan B is pictured below. The "rules" of the cabins specifically said not to move the furniture, but I believe that if the park folks had talked to me after another sleepless night I probably could've moved furniture, danced naked in the yard, and set the woods on fire without much hassle...at least until they called the cops, LOL. Thankfully, we didn't have to do all that - we simply (quietly) pushed the twin beds together and that's where the kiddos slept the last two nights. Peacefully. As did we. PRAISE THE LORD! :)


  • Shopping kids - guess who had more fun?

  • Ahh...lunch! Homestyle cookin' at its best!

  • Tucker was INSTANTLY enamored of our waitress at Bonnie's Kountry (with a K) Cafe. That child watched EVERY move she made! I don't even know if a tractor could've distracted him. It was so funny!
  • Look at this child's face - can you say, "LADIES' MAN"??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers