Tuesday, February 9, 2010

do you come here often...

Okay, so there we were, Chore Fairy Jr. and myself, just minding our own business at one of my total utopia stores, Michael's Crafts (second only to my OTHER total MomtheBombcandy. the Hobby Lobby).


We're minding our own business, as I said before, and then out of nowhere, HE was there, standing in the aisle, lurking...gawking...staring with 


cold...


dead...


eyes...



Unlike myself, Chore Fairy Jr. was immediately taken in by his rather unusual attire and what she described as a "nice smile." I guess beauty really IS in the eyes of the beholder. 
Anyway, I agreed to go and talk to him. After all, what harm could it do, really? Yes, I admit, every bad "man choice" I've ever made flashed through my mind as I watched my daughter approach him. But I wasn't worried...she's got good sense...she would know it would never work out between them...




after all...he's only available once a year during the Halloween season. Bwah-ha-ha-ha! Boy I had you goin' didn't I? Everyone who knows me IRL was probably terrified (which makes this even funnier...well, at least to me), and I imagine when my mother reads this she too will also have flashbacks of all my past bad "man choices." (Sorry Mom - just tryin' to help you get your heart rate up...get the blood pumpin' - maybe give you a jolt of energy? :) )


Halloween is without a doubt, Ashlynn's FAVORITE holiday, hands down. She gets into all the ratty curtain decorations, carved pumpkins, spooky sounds CD's, the whole kit-and-kaboodle. And for most of her life, she never has really cared much for candy...go figure. That's my girl - a perfect picture of contradiction...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers